I still believe memory verses are in style.

Memorizing scripture is much easier when you're a kid. Memorizing anything is easier when you're a kid.  Kids just seem to retain information more easily, but that doesn't mean adults can't.

I try to work on memorizing verses on a regular basis even though I'm in my 40's. This week my verse is Psalm 107:20: "He sent His Word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions." 

Why is it so important that we do? Because God's Word is life and truth, not to mention it's actually medicine.

Proverbs 4:20-22 says, "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life to those that find them and health to all their flesh." (KJV)

   
The Hebrew word for “health” in verse 22 is “medicine.”
God’s Word is actually medicine to our flesh.  

When we take it in daily and meditate upon it, and memorize it (so that when we don't have the Bible in front of us we can just call it up in our minds) it literally works as medication. 

I don't know about you, but I face some days where I reallllllllllly need medication.

The Word is helping me.  Yes, literally medicating me!

Thank God for His Word!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refuge

First Fruits