Keep on Going

People often ask me how I handle multiple roles. I have to say most of the time it's just continuing to put one foot in front of the other and moving forward. There are many days I don't get it all done...even when I stay up very late trying. There are days when I'm exhausted...days I just relax.

With every role in my life I feel like I'm flopping with at least one of them at any given moment. I've learned that one of the greatest tactics of the enemy is to flaunt whatever I am struggling with and try to get me to focus on my feelings of inferiority so much that I stop what I am doing.

Putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward is what sets an effective person apart from an who isn't. The commitment to stay in the race and not quit despite whatever we feel is one of the most important attributes we can posses. Tommy Barnett pastor of Phoenix First Assembly and co-pastor of LA Dream Center often says,"if we feel like quitting that's a sign of success because you actually have something in life to quite." Unsuccessful people have nothing to quit because they just exist. Life is not about just existing, it's about us fulfilling our God directed purposes.

I know that I have plenty of "quit" if I want to...but I made up my mind a long time ago not to. Like we say in the south "I will hang on like a pit bull on a cow" or maybe that's just my saying:-)

Colleen

Comments

Scott said…
Like it...good word

Popular posts from this blog

Refuge

First Fruits